OTT show creates awareness with MiQ DCO
MX Player, an Indian OTT player with over 280 million global users required a savvy digital partner with five star service to quickly help them drive awareness for their new reality show, Lock Upp.
Discover how we did it.
creative variants activated in less than two weeks
- 60% 60%
- 80% 80%
- 55% 55%
- 95% 95%
“For Lock Upp we wanted to test different creative messaging for different contestants targeted to different audience groups. For this we used the DCO solution from MiQ which helped us automatically to swap contestant images and creative headlines based on targeted audience groups dynamically. We had more than 180 creative variants resulting 1.75x times better performance than other creatives.”
Head of Growth,
The objective was to build awareness for a new OTT show:
- MX Player is an Indian OTT streaming and video demand platform with over 280 million users globally.
- The folks at MX Player were launching a new prison-based reality show, Lock Upp, where contestants compete to earn basic necessities and eventually their freedom.
- They wanted to create awareness for their new show, with personalized creatives to display the impactful messages to the right audience to gain attention.
Dynamic Creative Optimization by MiQ
- MiQ provided our in-house DCO capabilities to deliver multiple different messages for various contestants to the audiences according to their interests.
- Dynamic rules were set up for each contestant creatives.
For example, the user interested in Reality & Talk shows were shown creatives with captions like:
- Whereas a user interested in Comedy shows were shown creatives with captions like:
Using programmatic, MiQ was able to reach Google audiences (affinity & Category) to create precise audience segments for the client.
Audience having interests in various domains like reality shows, romantic films, cooking enthusiasts and many more were shown creatives according to their interests.
The client was able to create maximum awareness in a limited period of time.
- 180 creative variants activated in less than two weeks.
- 1.75x better campaign performance than non-dynamic creatives.
Bronze award winner:
Most effective programmatic media partnership